Friday, March 2, 2018

A Modern Day Fairy Tale is LIVE

AMDFT Chapter One on FicPad

AMDFT Chapter One on Stars

AMDFT Chapter One on AO3

AMDFT Chapter One on FFn

AMDFT Chapter One on Wattpad


“The motion is so tabled for further discussion after the holiday and this meeting is adjourned for today,” said Duke Edward Carlisle Anthony Cullen, the leader of the House of Lords and presider of the combined houses. He banged the gavel and the members of parliament got up, leaving the lavish chamber where the combined houses met to discuss motions to bring forward to the queen.


The Queen – who also happens to be my mother – Queen Esme Elizabeth Masen Cullen, the ruler of our small country, Gevalia.


I packed up my laptop, putting it into my worn leather satchel and slinging it over my body. The Duke walked over to me, a kind smile on his face. “Excellent proposal and compromise, son,” he said proudly. “I think it’s something your mother will approve of, Masen. You know how difficult she can be.”


“I do know that, Father,” I snorted, rolling my eyes. “You really think we can get this motion to pass? With the compromise? I hate to tax our people, but in order to increase revenue … It’s a small sum.”


“This tax increase has been on the docket for years, but we’ve never gotten it this far in either houses. I’m so proud of you. I knew that American schooling would come in handy,” he quipped, leading me down the rear staircase of the parliament building to the waiting car. We settled into the backseat. “Home, please?”


“Understood, your highness,” said our driver and bodyguard, Felix. 


“Are you eating with us, Masen or are you going to spend time at Masen Manor?” Father asked.


“I’ll eat with you,” I said. “Mother sent me a text …”


“She used her cell phone? Perish the thought,” he laughed.


“I know, right?” I snickered. “She wanted to discuss Emmett and my marriage …”


“She’s still trying to push an arranged marriage, Masen. I’m so sorry. I know you want a love match. I got one with your mother. You deserve the same,” he said.


“I’d rather cut off my own balls than be in an arranged marriage,” I grumbled.


“Edward Anthony Masen Cullen! Language,” Father growled.
 
“My apologies,” I said, sarcasm lacing my tone as I sat back. 

 Banner created by Clo Rodeffer! Thank you so much, girlie!

Prince Edward Anthony Masen Cullen

Duke Edward Carlisle Cullen

Queen Esme Anne Platt Cullen

Gevalian Parliament



Gevalian Castle

Gevalian Royal Apartment










Masen Manor

Masen Manor Interior








No comments:

Post a Comment